Wednesday 14 August 2019

My poetry pamphlet is coming...and an MPT acceptance


I have a couple of publication announcements to make, and they're both particularly good ones.

In October, Broken Sleep Books will publish my first poetry pamphlet. It seems to have taken me 25 years of writing poetry fairly seriously to get to this point (I am not especially prolific), so I'm delighted. Broken Sleep Books, run by Aaron Kent and Charlie Baylis, have only been around for a couple of years but have already published many acclaimed pamphlets in lovely minimalist designs.

Of course, I will post more details when the pamphlet is actually available. Watch this space!

As for my second announcement: I don't usually post about acceptances from journals - just actual publications, when they appear - but I'm really excited about this one. Modern Poetry in Translation have accepted two of my translations from the original French of Benjamin Fondane's poems, and they should be appearing in a spring 2020 issue. I've loved Fondane's work for a couple of years now, and I feel quite honoured to be able to share him with MPT's audience, following the review I wrote for them in 2018 of Nathaniel Rudavsky-Brody's translation of Fondane's long poem Ulysses.


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Clarissa - on both things. I know both Aaron and Charlie through poetry and have collaborated with Aaron. Look forward t the pamphlet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, George! Those guys are doing some excellent work - really pleased my pamphlet landed up there.

      Delete
  2. Great news - keep us up to date!

    ReplyDelete