Wednesday 23 April 2014

The Mixed Bag: A Bunch of Poems Unlinked By Theme (I Think)


I really wanted to post something tonight, and then found myself at an excruciating loss as to what to post. It's almost as though the poem I wanted to post does not exist, but I still have it in mind. This is probably an indication that I should write it myself. So far, this has actually been a reasonably productive year poetry-wise. But the "poem lurking around the corner of my brain, and I'm not sure if it's my own or someone else's" feeling is always an odd one.

Anyway, I finally decided that I should just post links to a few poems which I have recently enjoyed, discovered, re-read, been thinking about, etc lately, so that you have a few to choose from. There will be no commentary - although I think that at some point I would like to write at least a little bit about some of these fine poets. It may not be The Rattle Bag, but hopefully it's an interesting mixed bag. I am nothing if not random.


THE JUDGMENT TALE (Valzhyna Mort)

MANY THINGS HAPPENED (Nikola Madzirov)

'A furnace in my father's voice; I prayed for the coal stove's' (Ishion Hutchinson)

THE TRULY GREAT (Stephen Spender)

ALL THAT IS CERTAIN IS NIGHT LASTS LONGER THAN THE DAY (Karen Solie)

POETRY SEARCHES FOR RADIANCE (Adam Zagajewski)




No comments:

Post a Comment