Monday 11 November 2019

Rogue Strands reading (28 November) & a review of Island of Towers





I'm very pleased to say that I will be part of the 'Rogue Strands' poetry reading, organised by Matthew Stewart and Mat Riches, on Thursday 28 November at the King and Queen Pub on Foley Street, London W1W 6DL.

Details of the event and my fellow readers are on the poster above, and it will definitely be a great evening. If you would like to come along and cheer in a poetry-reading-appropriate way, that would be much appreciated. Entry is by donation to The Trussell Trust in aid of local foodbanks. Also, my new pamphlet Island of Towers will be available to purchase...

In other "me, me, me" news, poet and poetry blogger David Green recently wrote a thoughtful review of my pamphlet, which you can read here: https://davidgreenbooks.blogspot.com/2019/10/clarissa-aykroyd-island-of-towers.html?m=1&fbclid=IwAR2zUqI6nZKV3UPxgrdTwaKlPmcnN1NpY3Pk82RvxH0IiT0auuFAlvOb3lQ

David Green always approaches his reviews and poetry commentary with care and thought, and this was evident here. I felt that he had noticed some things in my work which are latent rather than explicit, and I really appreciated that.


No comments:

Post a Comment